Tom Pickering, the owner of Clearance and Clean Up, is asked certain questions extremely frequently. So we thought, what better than writing an article in an attempt to answer those questions for you. We don’t want moving house or house clearances to be as daunting as people often think they are. They key to everything is to be as organised as is humanly possible!
In a nutshell, if you are disorganised (don’t know where anything is, where anything is going, don’t know what you do or don’t want to keep, haven’t emptied any cupboards, wardrobes etc., haven’t given any clear instructions to the clearance team before they arrive, haven’t asked neighbours for a access permission or cleared a route for the clearance team) then this will lead to clearance team having to be on site for much longer, which in return will, without doubt cost you more money! So, if you are wanting to be economical, be organised!
How can our House Clearance go smoothly and be economical?
- Get yourself organised – this is the singularly most important point for a smooth, successful and the most economical house clearancepossible for everybody involved.
- By removing the items that you know you definitely want to keep enable the house clearance team to get their job done with minimum fuss or confusion.
- Any reusable items can be given to your family and friends, though I’m sure they will only be particularly appreciative if they are in a good condition – it’s a nice way to recycle your used items without throwing them away, if you just don’t have the space or don’t need them yourself any more.
- Bag up any clothing, towels and bedding BEFORE we arrive! By doing this it can really speed up the house clearance process, reducing the length of time that we are on site for, dramatically.
- Empty your cupboards on to the side eg. In the kitchen/ bathroom.
- Ask your neighbours for permission, regarding parking and pedestrian access.
- Make sure there is clear access for the clearance team to manoeuvre and for the vans, too – the quicker and it is easier it is for us, the more cost effective it is for you and obviously we want to avoid damaging anything or obtaining any injuries from tripping over anything etc.
- If you are able to do anything to aid your own move, in advance, such as prepare, pack up or move certain items, the less time we will spend in your property and therefore the cheaper your house clearancewill be. The longer it takes us, the more expensive it will be for you.
Get in touch with Clearance and Clean Up today
If you are in need of a house clearance team who are guaranteed to make your house clearance run as smoothly and as economically as possible and you are in the Yorkshire area, including Sheffield, Chesterfield and Worksop, then give Tom and his friendly, professional team a call today on 0800 410 1086, email at email@example.com or click here to be taken directly to the Clearance and Clean Up website.